Friday 29 June 2012

new beginnings

A recent conference of the Art Libraries Society inspired me to think more seriously about my online presence and how important it can be, not only in networking, but also in sharing research and ideas and broadening conversations into wider realms that might otherwise be missed.

I'm due to start my PhD in October, but I'm already beginning to think about my future research and as I attend lots of events related to it, I thought it seemed a shame to hide away all of my thoughts on a folder on my computer that only I see. I'm currently working on my MA dissertation, which is looking at how women's collections in archives can be used as educational resources, which is a nice stepping stone towards my PhD.

I hope, if nothing else, this blog will inspire you to think more widely about heritage, and the heritage sector, and about inclusion, diversity and queer/feminist thinking.

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment